In this article, we will explore some of the best methods to solve this update issue with Vivaldi and make it run as fast as it once used to.
How can I fix Vivaldi’s update failed error?
1. Switch to a different browser
If you can’t update Vivaldi and enjoy the optimized version, switching to a different browser clearly is the quickest solution.
Since you’re using Vivaldi, we assume that privacy is a matter of great importance to you. As a result, we recommend installing a privacy-focused browser such as Opera.
Just like Vivaldi, Opera lets you fully customize the user interface so as to bring forth the information that matters to you, not to mention that it includes unlimited VPN.
When Vivaldi update check fails, consider downloading Opera. Your problems will get instantly solved!
2. Check for remaining Vivaldi files on your hard-drive
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Click on This PC from the folder tree.
- Type vivaldi.exe inside the search bar.
- Delete any files found by the search.
Sometimes leftover files can cause Vivaldi update failed errors to occur. To fix it, follow the above steps.
3. Wipe temporary folders from Windows
- Press Windows Key + R keys on your keyboard.
- In the pop-up that appears, write TEMP, and press Enter.
- This will open up the first temp folder. Simply delete all the files found there.
- In the Run window, type in %TEMP% and press Enter.
- A window will open with your temporary files. Delete all of them.
- Try updating Vivaldi once again.
Windows stores temporary files in two folders on your PC. The first one is a system folder and it is used by Windows to store temporary files.
The second Temp folder is used to store data by the applications you use on your PC. Use the above steps to clean up both of them.
4. Check Windows registry for broken files
- Press the Windows Key + R key.
- Type in regedit and press Enter.
- Choose Yes if a window pops up asking if you want to perform changes (you will need administrator privileges).
- This will open up the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Delete the Vivaldi folder found there.
- Restart your PC, and then try updating Vivaldi again.
5. Remove Vivaldi Update Notifier from the registry
- Open Registry Editor.
- By using the navigation tree to your right, navigate to:
- If you can see Vivaldi Update Notifier in the list to your left, delete it, and restart your PC.
Sometimes certain registry values can cause Vivaldi update failed. However, we can fix that by doing as described above.
In this article, we explored a few very useful methods that have been proved to solve the Vivaldi update failed error. Please make sure to follow the steps presented in this guide closely for the best results.
Also, feel free to let us know how these methods worked for you, and if you have any suggestions, use the comments section found below.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.