2: Check for updates for the drivers of your graphics card
- Press Windows key + R for Run, and type in dxdiag in the search box.
- Press Enter, navigate to the Display tab, and verify details about your GPU.
- Navigate to the System tab and verify details about your operating system.
- Visit the NVIDIA website and download the newest drivers for your graphics card.
- Select the latest drivers from the list from the NVIDIA website and download them.
- Choose the updates necessary for your graphics card, agree, and download them.
- Install them and restart your computer.
- Verify if the problem has disappeared.
Naturally, you will want to see whether or not your graphics card is up to date also. In fact, most of the time the error is caused by an outdated driver.
This solution should be used if you don’t know what model of graphics card your computer uses. Once you have obtained this information from the second step, you know what to download.
After you entered the NVIDIA website, we advise you to download only certified or recommended updates. You must avoid the ones that are still in the beta development stage.
Fortunately, it is very easy to update your drivers. Read articles if you need detailed instructions on how to update your graphics driver.
There is also third-party software that make it easier for users to keep their drivers updated. An alternative for manual updating them is to use a specific software.
It will improve the performances of your graphic card. One click is all you must do to update all your drivers and enjoy a greater computer performance for your favorite games.
With this software, things are very simple once you download and install this performant solution. Once it has performed a scan of your operating system, it shows you a detailed report.
After you have checked that report, you will know what drivers are missing and what are outdated from your operating system. Choose to update one or all drivers with a single click.
If you are a gamer, photo/video producer, or you deal daily with any kind of intensive visual workflows then you already know the importance of your graphics card (GPU).
To make sure that everything goes smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver errors, be sure to use a complete driver update assistant that will solve your problems with just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for the app to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep you GPU on the peaks of their performance without worrying about its drivers.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you want to read more about graphics cards and how to optimize your GPU settings on Windows 10, check out our collection of guides.
This post was written by Radu Tyrsina and was first posted to WindowsReport