How do I fix try refreshing the Soundsource browser error?
1. Reinstall the soundset or the STEAM folder
If you’re getting Try refreshing the Soundsource browser error, you might be able to fix that by reinstalling the soundset.
This problem is somewhat common with third-party soundsets, and reinstalling the soundset usually helps. If that doesn’t help, you’ll have to reinstall your STEAM folder.
2. Verify structure and updates
Another way to fix this problem is to verify the structure of the STEAM folder. In addition, be sure to verify the latest Omnisphere updates.
You can try refreshing patches, multis, and soundsources in their respective browser. To do that, just click the circular arrow button next to the Play button.
Keep in mind that there are 3 browsers that you need to use, one for each of the aforementioned categories. Few users reported that the issue was resolved after downloading the Library Soundsource update.
3. Delete zmap.index
- Navigate to
- Delete zmap.index.
- Apply the soundsource update.
- Start Omnisphere and Keyscape and the zmap.index will be recreated.
Some users are also suggesting to delete zmap.index from the following subfolders in the STEAM folder:
- Keyscape library
4. Make sure that STEAM folder isn’t set to read-only
- Go to
- Right-click STEAM directory and choose Properties.
- Uncheck Read-only option and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
Try refreshing the Soundsource browser message can be a problem while working with Omnisphere 2, but we hope that you fixed the issue using our solutions.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport