Many Samsung Galaxy S21 users complained about not being able to send pictures. This issue occurs on WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, Teams and affects MMS as well. Instead of receiving clear images, users receive grey boxes. We did the heavy lift work for you and compiled this list of solutions to fix this problem.
How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S21 Not Sending Photos
Before you follow the instructions below, disable mobile data and turn off your phone. Then start your device, enable mobile data, and check if the issue is gone. Don’t forget to update your phone as well. Check if the latest Android version fixes the problem.
Check Your APN Settings
Incorrect APN settings often cause multimedia issues. If sending or receiving pictures takes forever on your Samsung Galaxy S21 device, check your APN settings and make sure they’re configured properly.
- Navigate to Settings and select Connections.
- Tap Data usage and enable mobile data if it’s disabled.
- Go to Connections, and select Mobile Networks.
- Select Access Point Name and tap the three dots from the top right corner.
- Select Reset to default.
- Go back to Mobile networks and ensure Data roaming is turned off.
- Then go back to Settings and select General management.
- Select Reset and tap Reset network settings.
- Select Reset settings and tap Reset to confirm your choice.
Go to your carrier’s support page for more information on the best APN settings to use on your device.
Clear the Cache
- Go to Settings, and select Apps.
- Select the app that could not send your pictures.
- Tap Storage and then select Clear cache.
Contact Your Carrier
Many users blamed their carriers for this problem, especially when it comes to MMS. They noticed that sending MMS over a wireless connection works only on Google Messages, or iMessage. In other words, both the sender and the recipient need to use the same software. Contact your carrier for more information about the technical limitations when sending pictures on Samsung Galaxy devices.
If sending pictures from your Samsung Galaxy S21 device takes forever or fails, reset your APN settings and make sure data roaming is disabled. Clear the app cache, update and restart your phone and check the results. Can you send images from your Galaxy S21 device now? What kind of issues did you encounter so far? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
This post was written by Madalina Dinita and was first posted to Technipages
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.