Even if you run this installation using the administrator account it still won’t work. Therefore, we will be doing the installation first with the Run as Administrator feature in Windows 10.
Make sure to follow these solutions thoroughly if you want to get the best results, and you will surely solve the problem.
How can I fix Photoshop CS2 installation error 1926?
- Download the latest Adobe Photoshop version
- Run Photoshop CS2 as Administrator
- Change owner settings from Advanced Settings
1. Download the latest Adobe Photoshop version
Photoshop users brag about amazing results while using this tool. Therefore, it is frustrating to be one of those who don’t even get the chance to get to that point.
If the installation itself seems impossible, let us help you out. In most cases, grabbing the most recent version is all it takes for you to avoid the installation error 1926.
While on the official page, you just need to click Download. If you are not signed in, you will be asked to do so with your Adobe ID and password.
Your app should immediately begin to download. Then, normally launch it like any other app on your computer.
Let your inner designer loose with the wide variety of customization and editorial features from Adobe Photoshop.
2. Run Photoshop CS2 as Administrator
- Go to the directory where you have the Photoshop CS2 executable file.
- Right-click on the file.
- From the menu that pops up left click or tap on the Run as Administrator feature.
- Left-click or tap on the Yes button if you are prompt by a user account control message.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process.
- Reboot your computer.
- Check to see if your Photoshop CS2 application is working in your Windows 10 now.
3. Change owner settings from Advanced Settings
- First make sure you’re logged in as administrator.
- Right-Click on Photoshop‘s app then select Properties.
- Then go to the Security section.
- Then, go to Advanced Security.
- You will see the owner of the app. Click Change.
- Then click on Edit, then Other users of groups.
- Select the user you wish to have permission to use the app.
- Then, select Ok on everything until the window is gone.
This is all you have to do in order to get your Photoshop CS2 app installed on your Windows 10 device.
If you run into any more trouble along the way you can write us below in the comments section of the page and we will help you further with this issue.
FAQ: Learn more about using Photoshop
- Can I download Photoshop for free?
Yes, you can download Photoshop as part of a free seven-day trial. Learn more about it from this thorough article dedicated to Adobe Photoshop.
- Why is Photoshop not installing?
There might be lots of reasons. To clarify, take a look at our detailed guide about fixing Photoshop installing issues.
This post was written by Ivan Jenic and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.