Adobe Photoshop perfectly capable of filling in all the tool requirements of any graphic designer, so try it out!
2. Check if you have any browser security extensions installed
More often than naught, a lot of users have an issue with downloading the installation kit for Photoshop CC, and not actually installing it.
That being said, it is a well-known fact that some security extensions can interfere with the download process.
These include Adblockers, Mcafee site/web adviser, internet security toolbar, and more of the kind.
Thus, if you have any of these installed, either uninstall them or temporarily disable them before trying to download Photoshop CC again.
Note: You can also try opening incognito/private tabs in your browser and try downloading Photoshop CC since these tabs open without extension interference.
3. Disable your PC’s Firewall
- Press Start, and open the Control Panel.
- In the search box, type firewall, and then click Windows Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Click Turn off Windows Firewall under each network location that you want to help protect, and then click OK.
4. Uninstall the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager
- Download the ZIP file containing the executable uninstaller.
- Extract Creative Cloud Uninstaller.zip.
- Run the executable installer file, Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe.
- The installer prompts you to confirm that you want to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.
- Review the message and click Uninstall.
Once the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager is uninstalled, delete the following folders:
- C:>Program Files (x86>Common Files>AdobeOOBE
- C:>Program Files (x86)>Common Files>AdobeAdobe >Application Manager
- C:>Program Files (x86)>AdobeCreative >Cloud Folders
- C:>Users><user_name>>AppData>Local>Adobe >AAM UPDATER and OOBE
Go to C:>Program >DATA >Adobe, and rename the file SL-STORE as SL-STORE_OLD
Note: You will need to set your Windows Explorer to view hidden folders in order to access some of these folders.
Once the folders have been deleted and renamed, reboot your PC and perform a clean Creative Cloud Desktop Manager install as well as a clean Photoshop CC install.
By following these steps, you should be able to easily solve and Photoshop CC installation issues.
If you know of any other solution that we may have missed out on, check out this detailed article.
FAQ: Learn more about Photoshop CC
- Is Photoshop CC the same as Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop CC is the updated and advanced software version of Photoshop, as it comes with more improvements and features. One advantage of Photoshop is that you can even use it within your browser.
- What does Photoshop CC do?
CC is an advanced raster-based imaging software aimed towards designers, web professionals, video editors, and photographers. If you want a vector-based alternative, consider getting Adobe Illustrator.
- Is Photoshop free for students?
Both Adobe Photoshop and InDesign applications are now free for Students. More so, anyone can apply for a free 7-day Trial for any of Adobe‘s products.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in April 2020 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
This post was written by Teodor Nechita and was first posted to WindowsReport