It can happen though, that perfmon command line fails to create a system report, due to corrupted registry entries or too many log entries.
In this article we will explore what to do when perfmon command is not generating report, so make sure to keep on reading.
What can I do if perfmon is not generating reports?
1. Use a specialized software
Most of the time using a specialized software is what will have the work done more efficiently.
Using such a software when perfmon is not generating report is our recommendation.
PRTG Network Monitor will allow you to create and analyze all the system performance report in Windows 10 that you need, in no time.
PRTG Network Monitor
Analyze and keep track of your entire IT infrastructure, making sure your computer systems are running smoothly at all times.
2. Check the generated reports
- Press Windows key + R key to open the Run dialog.
- Next, type perfmon, and click on OK.
- In the left pane of Performance Monitor, click on Reports to expand it.
- Click on System to expand it, tap on System Diagnostics to expand it, and click on a listed dated report that you wish to view.
3. Update your system
- Select the Start button then go to Settings.
- Here select Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- When the process has finished, restart your computer to complete the update process.
4. Repair broken registry entries
- Type cmd in search box to open a command prompt.
- Next, press Strg+Shift+Enter (or use context menu item run as administrator) and confirm UAC.
- Enter the following command and press enter:
4. Restore your device
- Go to the Windows Start button.
- In the search box, type System Restore and press enter.
- Locate and click System Restore.
- Next, enter the administrator password when asked.
- Follow the steps in the System Restore Wizard to choose a relevant restore point.
- Restore your computer to a date before the perfmon issue occurred.
5. Run a System File Checker
- Go to the taskbar box and type Command Prompt.
- Next, right-click on the result.
- Select Run as administrator and type in
sfc / scannow
- Press Enter and wait for the scan process to complete.
- SFC will begin scanning for perfmon.exe issues and any other system file problems.
- Follow any on-screen commands to complete the process.
The perfmon error can occur during runtime, meaning that they are triggered when Windows is starting or when is already running.
Solving the perfmon error is simple when following the steps indicated in this article.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have additional suggestions and recommendations.
This post was written by Vladimir Popescu and was first posted to WindowsReport