Remove NordVPN from your computer and then reinstall it. This should solve any application errors that cause Double VPN connection problems.
- Right-click the Windows 10 Start button and select Apps and Features
- Locate and select NordVPN in the Apps & features list
- Click Uninstall and then again to confirm
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall NordVPN
- Download NordVPN app for Windows 10 (newest version)
- Install the app
- Log in with your NordVPN credentials
- Try to connect to Double VPN
If your Internet connection is too slow, it won’t be able to handle the overhead of double encryption provided by the Double VPN features.
Here are a few things you can try:
Private Internet Access
Stop facing Double VPN connection issues in NordVPN when you can easily use PIA with Shadowsocks.
To recap, if the Double VPN feature is not connecting in NordVPN, get started by trying to connect to the nearest Double VPN server.
You should also update NordVPN to the most recent version, change the VPN protocol, use custom DNS servers, and reinstall NordVPN.
Check the quality of your Internet connection to see if it’s capable of handling the overhead resulted from double encryption.
However, if everything fails, it’s time to drop NordVPN and replace it with Private Internet Access (buy here). You can easily connect to a second VPN location in PIA using a Shadowsocks proxy.
Did you get the Double VPN feature to work on your computer? What solution worked for you? Let us know in the comment section below.
This post was written by Elena Constantinescu and was first posted to WindowsReport