Others describe recently returning from vacation with more than amazing photos and memories. They’ve accessed Teams from their tablet. Now, when back at work, their Teams status is still stuck as Out of Office.
Is this happening to you too? Follow the below procedure and your effort will no go in vain.
What can I do if Microsoft Teams Status is stuck on Out of Office?
1. Remove Outlook invites with Out of Office status
This seems to often happen when a new release of Teams is installed. If someone sends you a calendar invite with date ranges from today till future with Out of Office selected, or if you create future Out of Office appointments, then Teams is somehow changing the status as well.
The easiest fix is to check if there is any invitation mentioned as Out of Office. If you find such an invitation, then remove it from your calendar. Any difference now? If not, check out the next solutions.
2. Turn off Don’t send automatic replies
- Go to Outlook Web App.
- Click the gear button.
- Choose Mail> Automatic processing> Automatic replies.
- Now, tick the option that says Don’t send automatic replies.
- If the issue persists, then remove it and check if it works.
If you have no Out of Office events in your calendar, you could try to apply the above procedure instead.
3. Change your Status Message in Teams
- Go to your profile at the top of Teams.
- Click Set status message.
- Then, type the message that you want to show to other people in the box.
- Click Done and you’re all set. Teams will refresh.
- You may now delete the message.
This overwrites the Out of Office reply that is pulling from Outlook, but only in Teams. This WILL NOT overwrite what is in Outlook.
Moreover, when you change your Status Message in Teams it will sync immediately.
This post was written by Radu Tyrsina and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.