Luckily for you, there’s a way to fix this problem, and in this article we’re going to show you a couple of simple methods that you can use.
How can I fix the Intel Graphics Control Panel not opening?
1. Update your Intel GPU’s driver
First, try updating your Intel GPU’s driver after uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver package and Graphics Control Panel app via Apps & features.
You can update your Intel driver with driver updater software, which will include options for downloading and automatically installing the latest drivers.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.
Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.
Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Manually install the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel driver on your PC
- First, open the Win + X menu in Windows 10 with the Windows key + X hotkey.
- Click Device Manager to open that window.
- Double-click Software components to open that category.
- Next, right-click Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel (or Intel Graphics Command Center) and select Update driver to open the window shown directly below.
- Then click the Browse my computer for drivers option.
- Click the Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer option.
- Select the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel, and click the Next button.
- Thereafter, restart Windows after reinstalling the driver.
Note: The above fix is for users who still can’t open the Intel Graphics app after they’ve installed the required DCH drivers on their PC. First, make sure your PC has a suitable Intel DCH driver installed on it.
Some users might only see Generic software listed in Software Components. If so, try right-clicking Generic software and installing the Intel(R) Graphics Control Panel driver as outlined above.
3. Try opening the Intel Graphics Control Panel with alternative methods
- Click the Type here to search taskbar button, and then enter Intel in the search box.
- Click the Intel Graphics Command Center (Control Panel) search result to launch that app.
If you can’t open the Intel Graphics Control Panel one way, try an alternative method. For example, you can open the Intel Graphics Control Panel with the Ctrl + Alt + F12 hotkey for it.
These are a simple workarounds, but they might work if Intel Graphics Control Panel is not opening.
4. Repair and reset the UWP Intel Graphics app
- First, press the Windows and I keys at the same time to launch Settings.
- Click Apps to open that Settings tab.
- Then scroll down to and select your Intel Graphics app.
- Click Advanced options to open the buttons in the shot directly below.
- Then click the Repair option.
- If the Repair option doesn’t do the trick, try pressing the Reset button as well to clear the app’s data.
5. Reinstall your Intel Graphics app
- To reinstall an Intel Graphics app, open Apps & features in Settings as outlined for steps one and two of the previous resolution.
- Then select your Intel Graphics app in Apps & features.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open the Intel Graphics Command Center page in a browser.
- Press the Get button on that page.
- If a dialog box window pops up asking to open the MS Store, select the Open option.
- Then click the Get button within the MS Store app to reinstall Intel Graphics Command Center.
Note: The Intel® Graphics Control Panel is no longer available for download at MS Store. Users who need to reinstall the GCP app will have to replace it with the Intel Graphics Command Center.
If Intel Graphics Control panel is not opening, you can also remove it completely using a specialized uninstaller software such as IObit Uninstaller.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.