Here’s how to run DISM in Windows:
- Press Windows key + X and run Command Prompt (Admin).
- Copy and paste the following command on the command line:
exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- In case the DISM can’t obtain files online, try using your installation USB or DVD. Insert media and type the following command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace the C:RepairSourceWindows path of your DVD or USB.
Note: Ensure that you replaced repair source path with your own.
Sys files and DLL files alike are responsible for an entire plethora of errors affecting your system.
They can get corrupted, overwritten, or even damaged – but while the causes vary, the solution remains invariably the same: try Restoro.
This all-in-one repair tool will scan your PC for errors and swiftly detect and fix/restore/replace any damaged file.
Intel display audio not working? Lauch a quick scan with Restoro and repair all PC errors with just a few clicks!
2. Troubleshoot the audio display driver
Another method of fixing the Intel display audio not working is by running a troubleshooter so as to analyze and fix the problem.
Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:
- Click Windows + W keys, type troubleshooting in the search box, and press Enter.
- Click View all and then click Playing Audio.
- Follow the troubleshooting prompts to fix the problem.
Nevertheless, if you are still experiencing the Intel display audio not working, you can proceed to the next solution.
3. Reinstall your sound drivers
If you have a corrupt Intel audio driver on your Windows 10 PC, it is more likely that you’ll experience the Intel display audio not working problem.
Therefore, you need to reinstall the drivers back to their default state from Device Manager.
Here’s how to do this:
After following the steps above in reinstalling the drivers, the Intel display audio not working issue should be resolved.
4. Manually update Intel audio drivers
Alternatively, since outdated system drivers can cause the Intel display audio not working problem, you should update your Intel audio drivers.
Note: You need to download the driver from the Intel official website and then extract it to any folder on your PC before you proceed.
Follow these steps to update your Intel audio drivers manually:
1. Download the Intel audio drivers from Intel official website.
2. Extract the download driver to a specified folder on your PC.
9. After doing that, the driver will be automatically installed to your PC.
Alternatively, you can use automated tools to update Intel drivers so as to fix the Intel display audio not working problem.
We strongly recommend DriverFix to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
⇒ Download DriverFix here
5. Run a Windows Audio service check
Sometimes, the Windows Audio service may be disabled leading to the Intel display audio not working prompt.
Therefore, you need to check whether the service is disabled or not; but if it is disabled, then you have to enable it.
Here’s how to check Windows Audio service status:
6. Run Windows update
Microsoft frequently releases Windows updates so as to improve the OS and fix various driver issues such as Intel audio drivers.
Therefore, you can run Windows update so as to solve Intel display audio not working problem.
Here’s how to run Windows update:
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Now navigate to Update & Security section.
- Click the Check for updates button.
Have in mind that you can use workarounds presented in this article for solving driver issues, not just the one we addressed today.
In case you have any questions or suggestions, the comments section is below.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in August 2018 and was revamped and updated in January 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
This post was written by Ivan Jenic and was first posted to WindowsReport