If you are also troubled by this error, here are a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Google Shared Drive not showing up issue with the Google Drive client.
1. Add the Folder to My Drive
- Launch your Chrome browser and visit drive.Google.com.
- Log in with your Google Drive credentials.
- Click on the Shared With Me option.
- Open the folder that you want to share.
- Click on Add to My Drive.
- Your folder will now show on your Google Drive client.
Following the above steps should help if your work/school account’s shared folder fails to appear when accessed from your personal account.
2. Acccess it from the web view
If the files are missing from your Google Drive File Stream client, try accessing the Shared Folder through Chrome Google Drive. Launch Google Chrome and open the Google Drive extension. Check if the shared folders are visible.
You can also view the shared folders in the web view. If you see the folders in the web view, it is most likely a bug, and Google should fix it soon.
3. Force immediate sync
- Launch Google Drive File Stream on your computer.
- Navigate up one folder and use the hidden context menu option.
- Press the following key combination to select the Refresh Folder option:
Windows: Hold Shift and right-click on the folder, then choose Refresh folder
macOS: Hold the Control key, right-click on the folder, and select Refresh folder
- This should force Google Drive File Stream to sync the shared folder with your Google account.
According to a Google Product Expert, users may be able to fix this problem by forcing immediate sync or refresh on the folder that is not showing up.
However, in other instances, the folders seem to have appeared automatically over 48 hours. This requires the users to leave Drive File Stream running with sync enabled.
4. Disconnect and reconnect Google account
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.