Android users usually don’t encounter this error, as the Android devices are linked to Google accounts during the setup.
In this article, we explore a few troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the Google Chrome sign in error 206.
How do I fix the Google Chrome Sign in error 206?
- Launch Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Login to your Gmail account through the browser.
- Once signed in, click on the Profile picture on the top-right corner of the browser.
- Click the Google Account button.
- Next, choose the Personal info & privacy section. Alternatively, you can also visit this link to view the Personal info and Privacy section.
- Scroll down and fill up all the necessary details under the Personal Info tab.
- Once you have filled in all necessary details, launch the Chrome app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Log in to your Chrome application and check if the issue persists.
As discussed earlier, the Sign-in error 206 does not occur on Android devices as the devices are usually linked to their Google accounts. However, this is not the case with iOS devices and can result in this error.
- Open a web browser on your computer and log in to your Gmail account.
- Click the Profile image.
- Select the Google Account button.
- In the next tab, open the Sign-in & Security section.
- Scroll down to the Signing into Google section.
- Click on 2-Step verification.
- Sign in with your Google account credentials if prompted.
- Click the Turn Off button under the 2-Step Verification section to turn off 2FA.
Once you have disabled 2-Step Verification for your Google account, launch the Chrome browser app on your iPad or iPhone and check if the error is resolved.
2-Step Verification adds an extra layer of security to your Google account. Make sure to enable it again after resolving the error on your iOS device.
- On your iOS device, open Settings.
- Next, tap on your Account.
- Tap gain on your account on the following screen.
- Locate and tap on the Remove Account button. This will delete your account associated with all the Google apps on your iOS device.
- Once logged out, tap on Sign In.
- Enter your Google account credentials and sign in to your account.
- Tap on Import Existing Data to import data from your Google account.
- Tap Continue to proceed.
Launch the Chrome browser on your device and check if the error is resolved.
Users have reported that removing and re-adding the Google account has resolved the error. It could be due to a bug which results in the pop-up of the sign-in error 206 in Google Chrome. Temporarily disconnecting the account can help with the issue.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.