- Cisco AnyConnect is a popular business VPN solution that lets users access corporate resources remotely from any supported device.
- However, sometimes it may face certain technical difficulties. The connection subsystem initialization failure error is by far one of the most common issues.
- Check out our Cisco Hub to discover more Cisco-related guides, news, and fixes.
- Visit our VPN Troubleshooting section to learn how you can fix more common VPN issues.
However, this doesn’t mean that it’s free of errors. In fact, it has quite a few issues, but thankfully none of them is without a solution.
One of the most common problems is the failed to initialize the connection subsystem in Cisco AnyConnect error.
Apparently, it mostly occurs for Windows users, but it also happens in the following scenarios:
- Establishing VPN connections with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client app on Windows 8.1, RT 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- After installing Windows update 3023607 on your computer
Microsoft has confirmed that the failed to initialize connection subsystem in Cisco AnyConnect error is related to Microsoft products.
Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Standard, Essentials and Foundation, Windows 8.1 Enterprise and Pro, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
Check out some solutions that can help you work around this error and fix it on your computer.
Failed to initialize connection subsystem in Cisco AnyConnect error fix
This post was written by Vlad Constantinescu and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.