Built-in webcams don’t work when that error message pops up. Here are a few resolutions that can fix the media capture failed event 0xa00f4271 error code.
How can I fix the media capture failed event error?
1. Open the Microsoft Store App Troubleshooter
- Click Type here to search to open Cortana.
- Enter troubleshoot in the search box, and click Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, select the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter within the Settings window that opens.
- Then click the Run this troubleshooter button.
- Thereafter, users can go through the resolutions provided by the troubleshooter.
- Restart Windows after applying a suggested resolution.
The Microsoft Store App troubleshooter might provide a resolution when the error code 0xa00f4271 pertains more specifically to UWP apps that utilize the webcam.
In order to repair Windows 10 errors, you can also use a professional tool like Restoro that can repair damaged files and restore your device to its optimum capacity.
Restoro can remove malware threats, as well as any remaining damaged from previous virus infections. You can rely on this tool to keep safe from dangerous websites and prevent your PC from crashes and freezes.
Windows Update is meant to improve the overall performance of your operating system, integrate new features, and even upgrade the existing ones. However, there are times when certain errors may occur out of the blue.
Thankfully, if you happen to run into such issues, there is a specialized Windows repair software that can help you solve them in no time, and it is called Restoro.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the application to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
After the process is completed your computer should work perfectly fine and you will no longer have to worry about Windows Update errors of any kind.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Check the Camera settings
- Open Cortana and enter camera in its search box.
- Select Camera privacy settings in search results to open the window shown directly below.
- If that window states Camera access to this device is off, users will need to click Change and toggle the Camera access for this device option on.
- Then turn the Allow apps to access your camera option on.
- Check that the webcam apps you’re trying to utilize the camera with are also enabled under the Choose which apps can access your camera subheading.
- Restart Windows after adjusting camera settings.
Make sure that the Let apps use my camera hardware option is toggled on. Apps can’t utilize the webcam with that setting is off. Check the camera’s settings in order to fix the system error, as mentioned above.
3. Edit the registry
- First, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey. Then users can open the Registry Editor by entering regedit in Run and clicking OK.
- Open this registry path in the Registry Editor:
- Double-click Windows Media Foundation on the left of the Registry Editor.
- Right-click a space on the right of the Registry Editor’s window and select New, then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.
- Then double-click EnableFrameServerMode to open the window in the shot directly below.
- Input 0 in the Data value text box, and click the OK button.
- Restart Windows after editing the registry.
Some users have said that they’ve fixed the 0xa00f4271 media capture failed event error by editing the registry. So, this procedure can be among the best fixes and you can apply it as mentioned above.
4. Update the webcam’s driver
The 0xa00f4271 camera error can arise due to an antiquated webcam driver. In this situation, you can use professional software that will provide you with an accurate report of what drivers need to be updated.
This way you can also find out if your webcam drivers need some new patches or not. By using a dedicated tool you won’t miss any critical updates ever again and you’ll manage to avoid Windows 10 errors.
5. Update Windows 10
- Open the Cortana search box with the Windows key + Q keyboard shortcut.
- Enter update to search for the update settings.
- Then click Check for updates to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Press the Check for updates button.
- Windows will then automatically install available updates. Restart Windows if it installs new updates.
Some users have confirmed that patch updates fixed error code 0xa00f4271. Other users have fixed the issue by updating Windows 10 to the latest build version.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.