Device PCIVEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_84321043&REV_064&100198e&0&00E4 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.
The issue is due to Windows OS failing to identify the device connected to the computer. Users have reported that this error occurred after installing the Windows updates on the official forum.
After installed 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4048955) , device not migrated shows.
We have prepared some solutions to solve this annoying problem, so be sure to follows the steps below.
After installing updates on Windows 10, all kinds of issues can occur, and one of the most annoying problems is when the error message device was not migrated due to a partial or ambiguous match appears.
To solve this and many other problems with your PC, we recommend using Restoro. This is an amazing repair tool that keeps your PC in the best condition with just a couple of clicks.
If your device is not migrated, solve the problem with this completely automized software.
How can I fix the device was not migrated error?
1. Update the driver
1. Find the device that is not migrated
- To find the error, simply copy and paste the Device code on Google, and check to which hardware device it belongs to.
- Note down the device name and proceed with the next steps.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press OK to open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager find the device. Right-click on the device and select Properties.
- Go to the Events tab, and check if it has a Device not Migrated message.
2. Manually install the driver
- Go to the official website of the device that is causing the error.
- Download the newest version of the available driver.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device, and select Update Driver.
- Select the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Click the Browse button, and navigate to the location where the recently downloaded driver is saved.
- Select the driver and click OK, and press Next.
- Wait for the driver to be installed and reboot the system.
3. Uninstall and reinstall
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.