In most situations, this error is not actually caused by a low memory situation. You will most likely receive the alert even when there is sufficient RAM or system memory left on your computer.
In fact, the issue is describing an incompatibility situation between your Windows platform and the Counter-Strike software. So, the troubleshooting process must address this incompatibility issue.
This can be completed differently, depending on each situation – that’s why during the following steps we will try to review the most common methods that can fix the Counter-Strike Available memory less than 15MB error.
How do I fix the Counter-Strike memory alert?
1. Use the default Windows compatibility mode
- Go to where you have placed the Counter-Strike executable file, or where the game shortcut is located.
- Right-click on that icon.
- From the list that’s displayed click on Proprieties.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for field.
- Select the Windows XP SP2 option.
- Save your changes and reboot the system.
- Now your game should run without further problems.
2. Use the latest files for your Counter Strike game
If your game is outdated, or some of its patches are not properly updated, you can experience this Counter-Strike Available memory less than 15MB error.
In this case, a solution is to download the latest files for your game and replace the ones that are saved on your computer. For example, users reported that the depositfiles.com/files/7165571 package should replace the original hw.dll file in the CS home directory.
If you don’t know from where to download these patches for your Counter-Strike version, another solution is to reinstall the game from the beginning
If you reinstall the game, make sure you keep all your recent saves and to download the executable file that’s compatible with your Windows system.
3. Check for system updates
- Press the Win+I keyboard hotkeys in order to launch System Settings.
- From System Settings click on Update & Security.
- Switch to Windows Update tab and apply any pending patches.
- If your Counter-Strike game stopped working after you applying a new Windows update, you can manually remove this patch for fixing the error.
- Go to the Windows Update section as shown above and click on the View installed update history link.
- From the next window, select Uninstall an update.
- In this new window, just select the update patches that you want to remove from your computer and click on uninstall.
Note: Even it’s quite unlikely, a system update might automatically resolve the Available memory less than 15MB error
4. Look for outdated drivers
An outdated driver might cause compatibility issues on your computer. So, you should make sure that all your drivers are working properly.
The easiest solution to keep your computer drivers up to date is to use software that does this automatically. DriverFix is the best option for the job.
This post was written by Andrew Wafer and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.