Many users report starting on their device only to get the Chrome failed during startup with an unexpected error message.
This error appears without further details or informations on how to fix it which makes users feel frustrated.
In this article we will show you a few simple steps that you can make in order to fix it.
What can I do if Chrome failed to start up?
1. Scan your device
It’s not uncommon for malware to have corrupted Chrome. So, it is a good idea to run a scan with Bitdefender.
Bitdefender is one of the most widely known software on the market for eliminating all types of device viruses, such as spyware, malware, ransomware, etc.
After installing the software, click the Scan Now button on the Bitdefender window. When the scan is complete, click the Quarantine option for the malicious elements it has identified.
Having a good antivirus protection at your disposal any time you use your PC is paramount, so the implication of downloading this app today goes far beyond resolving this specific issue.
Beyond this, the VPN service that BitDefender contains could help you avoid this issue in the future as well.
As you can see, this software option covers a wide base of solutions for the problem you encountered, so make sure to use it as soon as possible.
Rid your device of pesky adware, viruses and malware by using this powerful software today!
2. Clear the cache
- Open Chrome.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete to open the Clear browsing data menu.
- Next, choose the Advanced tab.
- Under the Time range, select All time.
- Check the Cookies and other data site box.
- Finally, click Clear data.
3. Reset your browser
- Open Chrome and click on the 3-dot menu to open Settings.
- In the Search bar, type Reset and click on the Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Click Reset settings.
4. Update your browser
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner and click on Help.
- Next, select the About Google Chrome option.
- The check-up will start and if there is an official update available, then your Chrome will be updated.
5. Turn off the compatibility mode
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Deselect the Run this program in compatibility mode option.
- Click Apply.
- Press the OK button to exit the window.
6. Reinstall Chrome
- Open the Run accessory with the Windows key + R keyboard.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the Run box.
- Select the OK button and click on Uninstall next.
- Before reinstalling Chrome, Restart Windows
- Open Google Chrome’s webpage in another browser.
- Click Download Chrome to get the installer for the latest version.
- Open the installer to add Google Chrome to Windows.
Sometimes reinstalling Chrome could solve the Chrome failed during startup with an unexpected error message.
This post was written by Radu Tyrsina and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.