4. Set a different default printer
One workaround that users discovered is to set a new default printer by going to the Devices and Printers section. After setting a new default printer you need to set your previous printer as a default one again.
In addition, you can also try selecting a different printer in Edge print dialog before selecting your default one.
According to some users, you can fix this problem by using the Print option from the menu.
6. Use Print to PDF or any other virtual printer
- Click the More button in the top right corner, and select Print.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF as your printer, and click the Print button.
- Choose a save location for your PDF file.
- Locate the PDF file and print it.
If you can’t print from Microsoft Edge, you can try using Print to PDF feature. With this feature, you’ll print a page that you want to a PDF file, and you can just print that PDF file from your PC.
This isn’t the best solution, but it’s a decent workaround, so you might want to give it a try.
7. Try using older drivers
Users reported that they managed to fix this problem after installing an older version of printer drivers.
If you can’t print from Edge you might have to remove your printer drivers and then install older drivers for your printer.
8. Use Developer Tools
- Click the More button in Edge, and choose Developer Tools.
- Once the Developer Tools opens, switch to different tabs and close the tool.
- Try printing again.
All modern browsers have the Developer Tools feature that allows you to see the source code of a certain website, and so does Microsoft Edge.
This is a rather strange workaround, but users reported that it works for them, so you might want to try it.
9. Edit the registry
- Press the Windows Key + R, enter regedit, and press Enter.
- In the left pane navigate to this key:
- Right-click the empty space on the right pane and choose New, and select String Value.
- Enter AlwaysUseDefaultPrinter as the name of the new String Value and double click it.
- In the Value data field enter yes and click OK to save changes.
- Close the Registry Editor and check if the problem is resolved.
10. Download the latest updates
Microsoft is constantly working on Windows 10, and if you can’t print from Edge in Windows 10, you might be able to fix this problem by downloading the latest updates.
To make sure that you have the latest updates installed e sure to check out our Windows Update section.
Not being able to print from Edge can be a big problem, but you can fix it by using one of our solutions.
If you still can’t print from Edge on Windows 10, tell us in the comments section below. We might have additional steps to recommend.
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in August 2016 and was revamped and updated in February 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport