Overwriting a newer DLL file, deletion of a DLL file due to program uninstall, faulty or incompatible hardware (RAM, HDD), corrupt windows registry, and malware infestations can cause DLL issues.
Malware infestation in the Windows registry can corrupt or completely replace DLL files. If your DLL files are missing, that could be a serious problem.
How do I fix App was unable to start correctly errors?
1. Delete SPAM
Unsolicited junk mail, commonly known as spam, should be deleted from your computer soon as you receive it.
SPAM may have viruses, malware, or a trojan horse embedded, which will slow down your computer.
More seriously, the malware can multiply and install itself in the background, spying and stealing your passwords, browsing the history, keyboard usage data.
It can even monitor and control your computer’s camera and microphone.
To block junk emails from landing in your inbox in the first place, install one of this antivirus software with anti-spam protection.
With an extremely powerful security engine, it will find any virus/malware infiltrated into your system and will optimize your PC’s performance.
2. Remove malware with anti-malware software
Malware is annoying and harmful software that secretly accesses your Windows computer or device, without your knowledge of course.
It is getting more sophisticated by the day and now comes in many forms. And those responsible for it have even more nefarious motivations for their reign of terror than before.
Types of malware include viruses, spyware, adware, phishing, trojan horses, worms, rootkits, ransomware, and browser hijackers.
Scanning and removal of malware, spyware, and adware should be done at least once a week just to stay on the safe side.
Whether you want to prevent a malware infection or remove it from your system, we strongly recommend the security solution below.
It is very light on your system, it offers very strong online and data protection and it will not interfere with your system or software.
ESET Internet Security
The ESET solution not only will help you remove any malware from your PC, but it will also ensure perfect online protection.
3. Activate Windows Firewall
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Windows Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Under both Home or work (private) and Public location network settings select Turn on Windows Firewall.
- Click OK.
The Windows Firewall can help prevent hackers or malware from gaining access to your computer through the Internet or a network.
Follow the steps to activate the Windows firewall and protect your computer from malicious software.
4. Update Windows OS
- Click the Start button, type update and select Check for updates from results.
- Click on the Check for updates button.
- The system will find any possible updates for your system and install them.
- Make sure you also install the optional updates and restart your system for the settings to take effect.
Make sure that Windows is up-to-date. Connect your computer to the Internet at least once every day and avoid working offline for long periods.
Follow all the instructions when a Security Issue or Critical Update issued by Microsoft automatically downloads and installs on your computer.
If you can’t open Control Panel on Windows 10, take a look at this step-by-step guide to find a solution.
5. Use System Restore
- Click the Start button, and type system restore.
- From the list of results choose Create a restore point.
- When the new window opens, click on the System Restore button.
- Select Choose a different restore point and click on Next.
- If available, check the box with Show more restore points.
- Now select the desired restore point and click on Next.
- You only need to follow the instructions on the screen to complete the restore process.
You can use Windows Recovery to restore your computer to a point earlier in time before you started encountering the Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error.
Or, if you choose, you may replace everything on your computer and reinstall Windows.
System restores resolve many system problems, including this Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error.
6. Remove bad Random Access Memory (RAM)
You may have added Random Access Memory (RAM) to improve computer performance and suddenly you are getting Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) error message.
You can get rid of the problem by simply removing the RAM and then restarting the computer.
One of the solutions we have discussed here should help solve this Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application’ error.
Remember, you can always seek the help of an expert if you are unsure of yourself. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport