Consequently, the screensaver doesn’t display any image slideshow. These are a few resolutions that can fix the slideshow screensaver in Windows 10.
What to do if an error is preventing the slideshow from playing?
- Play slideshows by using Adobe Spark instead
- Check the Desktop Background settings
- Edit the photo file titles in the source folder
- Change the folder source for the slideshow
- Repair Windows Essentials Program
- Add Google Picasa to Windows
1. Play slideshows by using Adobe Spark instead
As a quick reminder, Adobe Spark is often used to create unique graphics, engaging web pages, and even short videos.
As convenient as the image slideshow screensaver offered by Windows really is, creating graphics for social media and enjoying slideshows is extremely intuitive while using Adobe Spark too.
Just upload your videos, add text, music, and voice-overs to create your very own animated masterpiece in minutes.
Moreover, all slideshow issues and bugs that you often have to deal with are gone for good when using a professional software tool.
As for that simplistic UI, it will help you work in Adobe Spark like a breeze.
Enjoy free professionally designed fonts and themes and even create animated videos with Adobe Spark.
2. Check the Desktop Background settings
- Press the Win key + X to open the menu shown directly below.
- Select the Power Options to open further settings.
- Click Additional power settings to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Click Change plan settings to open the plan options shown directly below.
- Select Change advanced power settings to open the window in the snapshot directly below.
- Click Desktop background settings and the Slide show to expand the options as shown in the shot below.
- Now select Available on the Plugged in and On battery drop-down menus.
- Press the Apply button, and click OK.
Windows 10 includes Desktop background settings on its Power Options window with which you can pause, or switch off the slideshow screensaver.
Firstly, check that those settings aren’t configured to pause. You can adjust those settings as above explained.
3. Edit the photo file titles in the source folder
Editing file titles is another way to fix the image screensaver. Edit the file titles in the slideshow’s image source folder so that none of them are longer than 12 characters.
In addition, erase symbols from the file titles. You can edit any file title in File Explorer by right-clicking the file and selecting Rename.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.