What can I do if Facebook games don’t load on Google Chrome?
1. Use Opera GX
Facebook games might work fine in alternative web browsers. So, try playing the game with a different browser, such as Opera.
Opera is especially recommended because that’s an innovative Chromium browser with novel features and a huge repository of extensions.
Furthermore, Opera GX is an Opera version that’s optimized for gaming.
It incorporates a GX Control sidebar with which you can manage tabs, optimize RAM, and limit network bandwidth usage. Discord and Twitch are also integrated into Opera GX’s sidebar.
Other useful Opera GX features
- It incorporates a built-in ad blocker
- Opera GX has exclusive wallpaper themes
- The Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram, and Vkontakte messengers are integrated in OperaGX’s sidebar
- Users can utilize OperaGX’s built-in VPN
Explore the ever-expanding universe of Facebook games by using the gaming-specific Opera GX browser today.
- Click the Customize and Control Google Chrome button at the far right of that browser’s URL toolbar.
- Select Settings to open that tab in Chrome.
- Next, click Site settings to open the options shown directly below.
- Toggle the Allowed option on if it’s off.
- Then restart Google Chrome.
- Type about:config in Firefox’s URL bar, and press the Enter key.
- Click the Accept the Risk button to continue.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys at the same time within Google Chrome.
- Select the Cookies and other site data checkbox.
- Click the Cached images and files option to select it.
- Click the Time range drop-down menu, and select the All time option.
- Press the Clear data button.
- Press Firefox’s Ctrl + Shift + Del keyboard shortcut to open the Clear Recent History window.
- Select the Cookies and Cache checkboxes.
- Next, click Everything on the Time range to clear the drop-down menu.
- Press the OK button to erase Firefox’s cookie and cache data.
4. Reset your browser
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome > Settings in Chrome.
- Scroll down to click the Advanced button.
- Click the Restore settings to their original defaults option shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Then click Reset settings to confirm.
- Click the Open menu button on the right side of Firefox’s URL toolbar.
- Click Help to open the submenu in the screenshot directly below.
- Click Troubleshooting Information to open that tab.
- Press the Refresh Firefox button.
5. Open Chrome or Firefox in incognito mode
You can utilize Google Chrome in incognito mode by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + N hotkey. To open Firefox’s incognito mode, press the Ctrl + Shift + P hotkey for that browser.
If the Facebook games work in incognito mode, an extension might be generating the issue in standard browsing mode.
Resetting Firefox and Google Chrome, as outlined for resolution four, will disable all browser extensions. Or you can disable extensions manually via those browsers’ add-on tabs.
6. Update Chrome or Firefox
- Click the Customize Google Chrome browser button.
- Select Help > About Google Chrome to open the tab in the screenshot directly below.
- Click Relaunch if Google Chrome installs a new update.
- Click the Open menu button to open Firefox’s menu.
- Select the Help > About Firefox options.
- Press the Restart to update Firefox button.
7. Update your Facebook app (mobile fix)
If you need to fix Facebook games not loading on mobile devices, try updating your FB Android or iOS app.
You can do that by uninstalling the app on your mobile device. Then download the latest FB app from its Google Play or Apple App Store page.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.