You just have to activate each of them or pin particular icons to the sidebars for easy access. This guarantees a faster response time and almost zero errors.
Opera is a great browser, and if you’re getting Your connection was interrupted error, switch to Opera and check if the error is still there.
Try Opera today and enjoy an error-free Internet experience with the built-in features this browser has to offer
3. Update all the drivers
If this issue appears in other browsers as well, it might be that your network configuration is not correct or that your network adapter driver is outdated.
We strongly recommend a third-party tool such as DriverFix to scan for outdated drivers on your PC and then download the latest ones, if that is the case.
Although you could update the drivers yourself, DriverFix will help you avoid permanent damage and file loss caused by downloading and installing the wrong driver version.
DriverFix is a simple to use tool, and if your drivers are causing Your network was interrupted error, DriverFix will fix that.
- Click on the button below to download the tool.
- Install and launch the program.
- Scan for outdated and missing device drivers.
- Click the Update Your Drivers Now button when the scan is completed.
- Follow on-screen prompts to install each driver.
4. Remove or reinstall your VPN software
VPN software is great if you want to protect your privacy online, but VPN software can cause err_network_changed error to appear on Windows 10.
Instead of disabling or removing the VPN, as it’s sometimes suggested, we’d rather recommend using a VPN solution that does not interfere with other processes or programs.
One such service is Private Internet Access, a VPN service developed by Kape Technologies.
It has thousands of servers all over the world, and it grants unlimited bandwidth. More so, it grants P2P support and Wi-Fi security for added protection.
Set up is instant and further use is similarly intuitive. So if you want reliable protection for your identity while surfing the Internet, try this tool.
5. Reinstall Google Chrome
Another solution to go around the network change error is to simply reinstall Google Chrome. (As mentioned before, the issue appears mainly in this browser.)
There are several ways to remove Chrome, but the best one is to use uninstaller software.
If you’re not familiar, uninstaller software can remove any application from your PC, along with any leftover files and registry entries associated with that application.
By using one of these tools, you’ll ensure that the application is completely removed from your PC.
If you’re looking for good uninstaller software, be sure to try IOBit Uninstaller. Download the tool using the button below, launch the program. Then find Chrome in the main dashboard and uninstall it.
Once you uninstall Chrome, install it again and check if the issue still appears.
6. Restart your modem
One of the simplest solutions is to restart your modem and check if that fixes the Network change detected error on your laptop. Sometimes your modem or computer configuration might not be correct, and that can prevent you from accessing the Internet.
To fix that simply press the power button on your modem to turn it off. Wait for 30 seconds and press the power button to turn it back on again. After turning on your modem check if the issue is resolved.
7. Flush the DNS settings
- Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard to open Power User Menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- When Command Prompt opens enter
- After you get the message that the DNS was flushed close Command Prompt and check if the problem is resolved.
8. Reset IP/TCP
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- When Command Prompt opens enter the following lines:
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
- Close Command Prompt and check if the issue is resolved.
By running these commands, you’ll reset the required components, and you’ll hopefully fix the Your connection was interrupted error.
9. Use Google’s Public DNS
- Press Windows Key + X and select Network Connections.
- Select Change adapter options.
- When Network Connections window opens, locate your current connection, right-click it and choose Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter the following values:
- Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Alternate DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Once you’re done, click OK to save changes.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Use this solution if you think that the default DNS server is the one causing the A network change was detected issue.
10. Clear browsing data in Chrome
- Click the Menu icon in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Go to Privacy section and click Clear browsing data button.
- Set Time range to All time and check all options. Now click Clear data button.
11. Disable Energy Efficient Ethernet feature
- Open Device Manager.
- Locate your network adapter on the list and double-click it.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and select Energy Efficient Ethernet. Now set it to Disabled and click OK to save changes.
After doing that, check if the problem is resolved. If you don’t have the Energy Efficient Ethernet option available, then this solution doesn’t apply to you and you can just skip it.
12. Disable prediction services in Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and navigate to the Settings page.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Advanced.
- Now you should see two Use a prediction service… options. Disable them both.
Once you disable both these features, the Your network was interrupted error should be completely resolved. Keep in mind that by disabling these features certain websites might load a bit slower.
13. Use either Ethernet or Wi-Fi on a single device
According to users, A network change was detected error can appear if you’re using both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connection on your PC at the same time.
This can lead to other issues besides this one, and in order to fix the problem, it’s advised to use just Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Speaking of Ethernet, be wise, and choose the best adapters on the market!
Simply disable one network on your PC, and the problem should be completely resolved.
14. Don’t use Google’s IPv6 DNS
- Follow Steps 1-2 from Solution 4.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP /IPv6) and click Properties.
- When Properties window opens, select Obtain DNS server address automatically and click OK to save changes.
After making these changes, the issue should be resolved and you should be able to visit any website without problems.
A network change was detected error in Chrome will prevent you from accessing the Internet, and since this error can be caused by network configuration or by a bug in Google Chrome, sometimes it might not be easy to fix it.
Nevertheless, we hope that you managed to solve it using one of our solutions. If not, you might want to consider changing your browser, as suggested in the second solution.
FAQ: Learn more about network change detected error
- What is err_network_changed?
You are likely to encounter this error message while using the Google Chrome browser. If such is the case, it manifests by tempering with your network connection, thus preventing you from accessing the Internet.
- What is causing err_network_changed error?
There are several possible reasons behind this error. Since it affects your network and it needs a quick solution, you might want to consider updating your drivers or scanning for malware, as explained in this handy guide.
- Why do I keep getting err_network_changed?
This error can reappear occasionally, so we advise you to clear the cache on your Chrome browser or use Google’s Public DNS (188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206).
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published in August 2016 and was revamped and updated in February 2021 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport