Quick bonus: Here’s how to connect your PS3 controller to Windows 10, as well.
How do I connect my PS4 controller to my PC?
1. Connect your wired DualShock Controller to your computer
Connecting your wired PlayStation 4 controller to your Windows 10 machine is very straight forward, as with the latest updates to Windows 10, it will support the DS4 controller natively.
All you’ll need to do is plug it in and Windows will automatically install the driver and set everything up for you.
2. Wirelessly connect your DualShock Controller to your Windows 10 computer
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your Windows 10 machine
- Turn on the DualShock controller
- Press the PlayStation + Share buttons together on the controller and wait for the light to start flashing on the controller
- Open Windows settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device
- Wait for Windows to install your
3. Use DS4Windows
In order to connect PS4 controller to Windows 10, you’ll have to rely on third-party solutions, but the processes itself isn’t as hard as you might think.
In order to connect PS4 controller to Windows 10, you need to do the following:
- Download DS4Windows
- After you’ve downloaded the .zip file, extract it and run DS4Windows.exe.
- When DS4Windows starts, click on Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver.
- After the driver installs click on Finish.
- Open Settings app, go to Devices > Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- On your PS4 controller press and hold PS and Share buttons until the light starts flashing.
- In Bluetooth settings Wireless Controller should appear. Click it and choose Pair.
- Open DS4Windows application once again. Your PS4 controller should be fully connected now.
- Minimize DS4Windows and start playing.
To turn off/disconnect the PS4 controller from Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open DS4Windows and click Stop.
- Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth on and off.
- If you wish to reconnect your PS4 controller, just start DS4Windows and press the PS button on your controller.
We have to point out that you can connect your controller using the micro USB cable by following the same steps. If you decide to use the USB cable to connect the PS4 controller, there’s no need to use Bluetooth or to pair your PS4 controller with your PC.
Just install DS4Windows driver, start DS4Windows app and connect your controller using USB cable.
This post was written by Milan Stanojevic and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.