In this article, we take a look at the steps that you can perform to troubleshoot the Discord music bot lagging issue.
How can I make Discord music bot not lag?
1. Change voice server region
- To be able to change the voice region, you must be either a server owner or have a role with Manager Server permissions enabled.
- Once you have the permission, login to your Discord server.
- Click the down arrow icon next to your server’s name.
- Select Server Settings from the context menu.
- In the Overview tab, locate the Server Region section.
- Click the Change button under Server Region.
- Now select a server that is closest to your region.
- Click Save Change to apply the changes.
Once the changes are saved, test thebot again in the chat or stream to see if it is still lagging. In most cases, changing the server region should resolve the Discord music bot lagging issue.
You can also change the voice server region from within your direct message and calls section. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the down arrow icon that shows the name of your current region on the top right corner.
- Select your preferred voice server region.
- That’s it. Discord should apply the selected server as your preferred voice server region.
It’s a fact that the closer your physical location to a server, the lower latency you will experience. However, only you having a great ping is not sufficient.
Your friend or others on the discover should also have a decent ping to have a lag-free experience.
If the users on the discord servers are from two different or even multiple regions, it is better to find a middle-ground between you and your friends.
2. Check your hosting service
If you are hosting a Discordbot yourself, check if it is putting a strain on your server. When you try to upload a lot of things at once, the resources allocated to your bot may take a hit.
This leads to stuttering and lag issues. If the issue persists, consider trying any other Discordbot. Changing the bot should help you overcome the lagging issues caused by bot limitations.
The Discord music bot lagging issue usually occurs due to server latency. It can be resolved by changing the voice server region.
For self-hosted music bots, you can also check the hosting resources and upgrade to avoid any strain on the server.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.