We will explore in this article the exact steps you need to make in order to disable the auto-lock in Windows 7, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I disable auto-lock on Windows 7?
1. Change the settings
- In the Search box type Control panel and click on the option when displayed.
- Go to Appearance and Personalization and click on Change Screen Saver.
- Uncheck the option On resume, display logon screen.
- Click OK to save these changes.
This is one of the simplest ways to disable auto lock on Windows 7, so be sure to try it out.
2. Disable the password
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Click Power Options and select Require Password on Wakeup.
- Select the option Don’t require a password.
- Click OK to save the changes.
There you go, these are the steps you need to make in order to disable the auto-lock on Windows 7.
Keep in mind though, that by performing these actions, anyone can access the data from your device because it is not locked.
We would love to know in the comments section below if you have additional recommendations or suggestions, so don’t hesitate.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport