Cyberpunk 2077 has received its first post-launch hotfix, with developer CD Projekt RED deploying its first round of fixes to the role-playing game (RPG) across all platforms. The update, available now on PC and PlayStation consoles, with an Xbox One release to come, sets to iron out several glaring bugs and launch issues making headlines throughout the release period.
Our first Cyberpunk 2077 patch focuses exclusively on post-launch improvements, primarily alleviating various game-breaking bugs players may encounter through its playable quests. It also ships visual refinements, including reduced pop-in across all platforms, improved presentation on consoles, and fixing missing animations under certain circumstances. It also bears the promise of bolstered stability, aiming to reduce the frequency of crashes with Cyberpunk 2077.
CD Projekt RED has provided full details on this newly-announced update, including an accompanying changelog breaking down the full list of fixes and improvements. If you’ve been encountering specific issues with Cyberpunk 2077, the following changelog outlines everything that’s changed with this newest version.
Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.04 Changelog
Out now on PC, PS4, and PS5 / Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S to follow
Cyberpunk 2077’s first post-launch patch will automatically download when starting the title on PC clients, as well as Xbox and PlayStation consoles when connected to the internet.
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics
Performance & stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
This post was written by Matt Brown and was first posted to WindowsCentral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.