Does Clownfish work on Discord?
Clownfish Voice Changer is software that enables its users to change voices for messaging. At it gets installed at a system level, it applies voice effects to all apps that utilize microphones.
Therefore, Clownfish certainly works for Discord, Skype, Hangouts, and other notable messaging apps.
Is Clownfish Voice Changer safe?
A few users have said they’ve encountered microphone and audio issues after installing Clownfish. Clownfish issues can often appear due to incorrectly installed microphones, etc.
How can I use the Clownfish Voice Changer in Discord?
1. Download and Installation
- Open the download page for Clownfish Voice Changer in a web browser.
- Click a 64 or 32-bit download option for Clownfish depending on your Windows system architecture. If you’re utilizing a 32-bit Windows platform, you’ll need to download a 32-bit Clownfish version.
- Open the File Explorer utility with the Windows + E hotkey for it.
- Then open the folder you downloaded Clownfish to.
- Click VoiceChanger to open the setup window for Clownfish shown directly below.
- Press the Next button.
- Select all the component checkboxes, and click Next to continue.
- Click Browse to choose a custom installation path for Clownfish. Alternatively, you can install the software at the default Program Files path without selecting a different one.
- Then select Next and Finish to install Clownfish.
2. Adjust Clownfish Voice Changer’s settings
- Click the Clownfish desktop or Start menu shortcut to run the software.
- Clownfish will open in your system tray. Right-click the Clownfish icon in your system tray to open its context menu.
- Select the Set Voice Changer option on the context menu to open the Clownfish Voice Changer window in the snapshot directly below.
- Now select one of the 14 alternative voices for your Discord messages on the Clownfish Voice Changer window.
- To listen to voice previews, right-click the Clownfish Voice Changer system tray icon and select the Hear microphone setting.
- Drag the Pitch bar to left and right to adjust the pitch for voices.
- You can apply effects to the voices by clicking the sound effect buttons.
- Click the arrow button for the Effect mixer option to combine two different voices.
- To utilize Clownfish with non-default audio input devices, right-click its system tray icon and select Setup > System Integration.
- Then you can select Install options for other audio capture devices on your PC.
3. Select your default input in Discord
- Open the Discord app (Windows or web).
- Click the User Settings button near the bottom of Discord’s window.
- Then click Voice & Video on the left side of Discord.
- Clownfish is installed to capture sound with your PC’s default audio input device. So, select your default audio input device on Discord’s Input Device submenu.
Now Clownfish’s voice settings will be played through your microphone and applied to Discord messaging whenever the CVC app is running.
Overall, Clownfish is fun and straightforward to utilize software that’s among the best voice changer apps for Windows.
This post was written by Matthew Adams and was first posted to WindowsReport