Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20262 (FE_RELEASE) to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps launching unexpectedly transparent in recent builds, with no content visible.
- We fixed an issue where old SleepStudy etls were unexpectedly not being cleaned up.
- We fixed an issue resulting in no response the first time a pen was clicked after being paired due to an underlying crash.
- We fixed an issue resulting in touchpad scrolling no longer working on the tab in focus after closing a browser tab using CTRL+W while scrolling on a touchpad.
- We fixed an issue where the some of the notifications related to block at first sight weren’t being localized.
- We fixed an issue where when using Narrator in scan mode, it wasn’t possible to activate the “Sign in with pin or smart card” buttons in the authentication dialog using space or the enter key.
- We fixed a recent issue where when both Wi-Fi and cellular were connected, if Wi-Fi disconnected the network flyout would say cellular was still connected, but apps wouldn’t actually be able to use the internet.
- We fixed a high hitting DWM crash impacting some Insiders in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing when navigating to Storage Sense.
- We fixed an issue resulting in app registration issues for some of the in-box apps with the previous flight after upgrading.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- Live previews for pinned sites aren’t enabled for all Insiders yet, so you may see a grey window when hovering over the thumbnail in the taskbar. We’re continuing to work on polishing this experience.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue resulting in some users seeing error 0x80070426 when using their Microsoft account to sign into various apps. If you encounter it, rebooting your PC may resolve this.
- We’re investigating an issue where, in recent Dev Channel builds, no drives appear under Settings > System > Storage > Manage Disks and Volumes. As a workaround, you can manage your disks in the classic Disk Management tool.
- We’re investigating reports that some screens incorrectly have black text on dark backgrounds when dark theme is enabled.
Listen to episode 37 of the podcast now
Listen to our latest episode of the Windows Insider Podcast and join us as we talk about user authentication and login processes with Steve Syfuhs, Microsoft’s hybrid identity expert from the Cloud & AI organization.
Listen via your favorite podcast app or on our website.
Updates for developers
The Windows SDK is now flighting continuously with the Dev Channel. Whenever a new OS build is flighted to the Dev Channel, the corresponding SDK will also be flighted. You can always install the latest Insider SDK from aka.ms/InsiderSDK. SDK flights will be archived in Flight Hub along with OS flights.
Important Insider Links
You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here, including a list of all the new features and updates released in builds so far. Not seeing any of the features in this build? Check your Windows Insider Settings to make sure you’re in the Dev Channel. Submit feedback here to let us know if things weren’t working the way you expected.
If you want a complete look at what build is in which Insider ring, head over to Flight Hub. Please note, there will be a slight delay between when a build is flighted and when Flight Hub is updated.
This post was written by Brandon LeBlanc and was first posted to Windows Blog
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.