In this article, let’s take a look at a few troubleshooting steps to help you fix the Among Us not working on PC issues.
What can I do if Among Us is not working on PC?
1. Switch out of the game
- Press the Alt + Tab key on your keyboard.
- Select a different open window.
- Next, press the Alt + Tab key again and select Steam/Among Us window.
If you are experiencing black screen issues after launching the game, try switching between the windows.
If that does not work, check if the issue is triggered due to screen resolution conflict. Make sure you are in the Among Us black screen window and hit Alt + Enter to open the game in Windowed mode.
If the game works, enter Alt + Enter to make it full window.
2. Run the game using LD player
Another good way to ensure Among Us works is installing LD Player. The software is an Android Emulator which is meant to create a fake android mobile phone inside your PC, so you can play the Google Play specific games on your system.
If you are looking for the best mobile emulator on the market, LD Player is the choice for you, having features such as multi-instance gaming, support for both AMD and Intel processors, and mouse and keyboard compatibility to give you a head start in your games
In addition, the software is compatible with the most popular android games out there, such as PUBG Mobile, Mobile Legends, Clash of Clans, and Among Us.
Simply download the software and set up your virtual phone, install the game you wish to play, and enjoy a quality experience.
Bring your favorite games to life on your PC with the fastest android emulator out there, Ld Player.
3. Verify the integrity of game files
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Open the Library tab.
- Right-click on Among Us and select Properties.
- Open the Local Files tab in the Properties window.
- Click the Verify integrity of game files button.
- Wait for Steam to verify and fix any issues with the game files.
- Relaunch Steam and check if Among Us launches without any issues.
Sometimes the game files can get corrupted while the game is being updated. Steam has a special feature that verifies your game data and replaces any faulty files.
4. Choose a different game server
- Launch Among Us on Steam.
- Click the Globe icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select a different server depending on the region.
- Trying joining a game again and check for any improvements.
Changing the in-game server is useful if you see a game full error when joining a lobby. However, make sure to choose a server that is closer to your region. Selecting a region that is not closer to your location can cause high ping and disconnection issues.
This post was written by Tashreef Shareef and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.