Don’t hesitate to burn ISO files with PowerISO – a professional tool that supports a great variety of DVD files!
2. Verify if the DVD unit has writing capability
- Open File Explorer and navigate to This PC.
- Verify the name of your DVD drive in the right section of your screen.
- Ensure that its name finishes with RW (Read-Write).
If the answer is yes, then this abbreviation lets you know your DVD unit has the capability of burning disks using the isoburn.exe utility.
If you own a ROM drive, then you won’t be able to use it for copying data on CD or DVD. Also, in the case of a normal optical drive, the solutions from this section will not work.
3. Restart explorer.exe file
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to launch Task Manager.
- Choose Processes, locate and right-click on explorer.exe from the list.
- From the newly appeared context menu select End Task.
- Press Windows key + R to open Run and type in cmd inside the box.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Prompt.
- After the User Account Control (UAC) notifies you, click Yes.
- Type in the following command and press Enter in Command Prompt: explorer.exe
- Navigate to and right-click on the ISO file location in File Explorer.
- Select Burn disc image from the newly appeared menu.
- Configure and launch the utility, then verify if the error still appears.
Use this solution to close all Windows Explorer instances. Then, you need to open this section again from Command Prompt.
After launching Windows native writer, the Burn Disk Image, the disc burner software not found error should disappear.
4. Reinstall the DVD writer drivers
- Press Windows key + R to open Run and type in devmgmt.msc.
- Press Enter to open Device Manager and wait for a notification from the User Account Control (UAC).
- Select Yes to grant UAC administrator privileges.
- In Device Manager expand the CD/DVD-ROM section.
- Right-click on the problematic DVD writer and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to start the uninstallation process.
- Restart your computer.
When the next startup takes place, the operating system will have to install a new driver to replace the one you have previously uninstalled.
After the startup has completed, burn the ISO file again to verify if the problem has been solved.
In certain cases, the disc burner or software not found error message on Mac or Windows 10 can be caused by inconsistency with your DVD writer drivers.
By using the Device Manager feature and uninstall the old driver, you will force Windows to install the newest one at the next startup.
The disc burner not found error message may appear when you want to write an ISO file on a DVD or CD. It can be generated by multiple causes, but we prepared several solutions to fix this issue.
You must first verify if your DVD unit has writing capabilities, restart File Explorer, or use the professional PowerISO software. This detailed list includes even more burning software options to pick from.
Read carefully our previous section, apply the solutions we have specified there, and leave us a comment to tell us which one worked for you as well. We’re eager to hear from you.
This post was written by Loredana Harsana and was first posted to WindowsReport