- Finding the best antivirus for USB flash drives will keep you safe from infecting with malware from external storage sources.
- You can choose a free solution that represents a comprehensive cybersecurity tool.
- You’ll find in our list, great software that disables autorun-related threats before they can access your PC.
- Any of our picks will protect your computer and USB media storage against all types of malware, including viruses, ransomware, worms, and spyware.
USB flash drives are useful storage devices that are not expensive at all. You can use a USB flash drive to keep emergency information and current project files always with you.
You can use them to carry your browser and program settings with you and use them on any PC featuring a USB port. Flash drives are also useful for troubleshooting and repairing all kinds of issues.
You can also use a flash drive to make Windows run faster and run a different operating system without changing your hard drive.
USB flash drive makes life much easier. But wait for a second! They can also pose a threat to your computer’s security.
If your USB flash drive is infected with malware, it can cause not only the loss of your data but also spread malware to all the computers it gets plugged into.
Today, the usage of USB drives has increased a lot because of their portability. Infected USB flash drives can transfer personal or financial information to the intruder or even delete important data.
Prevention is always better than cure. For this reason, we’re going to the best tools to protect your computer against infected USB flash drives.
They can be used whenever you’re looking for:
- USB antivirus – USB flash drives are supposed to be virus-free, so make sure things remain the same even after months of usage
- Bootable antivirus USB – Bootable antivirus programs let you create a special flash drive from a working PC and later use it to scan the hard drive even without starting Windows
- USB antivirus scanner – When your wish is to scan your USB flash drives for any malware, these great antivirus solutions with USB scanner can help you out
- Run antivirus from USB – Booting your PC from a USB drive containing an antivirus often does wonders, so don’t hesitate to pick one of our previously mentioned antivirus solutions
This post was written by Radu Tyrsina and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.