Another best anti-data mining tool on the market, Dr.Web KATANA shields vulnerabilities that expose your computer to data mining. Dr. Web was founded by Igor Daniloff in 1992, in Russia.
This software is efficient in neutralizing remote-controlled malware used for data mining. Also, Dr.Web is linked to a cloud facility that acquires information about data mining espionage and blocks it promptly.
Here’s what to expect from Dr.Web KATANA:
- Real-time protection against viruses and malware
- Efficient detection and neutralization of all types of threats including unauthorized network access
- Comprehensive protection against data leaks
- Web browser protection against cookie hijackings
- Web CureIt for curing Windows PCs and servers
- Web Live Disk for PC recovery
- Web Link Checker for browser plugins
Recommend tools for additional security against data mining
A secure web browser is a category of web browsers that provides data confidentiality online. This means that all your browsing information is spoofed; hence, your browsing data cannot be accessed for data mining.
However, this is also possible on normal web browsers, where you just have to press the CTRL-Shift-Delete keys to clear your cache. But, a more secure web browser is advisable in case you forget the keys.
So, if you want a secure web browser for your Windows PC, you can try out any of the following private web browsers.
VPN stands for virtual private network which is a private network that extends across public networks most especially the internet. In addition, they enable secure access, anonymous identity, and virtual privacy on the internet; hence, your personal data and location are spoofed making it ideal to escape data mining agents.
Also, VPN protects your online privacy, gives you better internet connectivity, and access to limited resources.
Private Internet Access (PIA) keeps your personal data safe from ISPs, the government. In addition, you get features like DNS and IP leak protection, strict no logs policy alongside 256-bit AES encryption for maximum security.
If you want access to thousands of servers worldwide, unlimited bandwidth, and traffic, at the highest possible speed; CyberGhost is the ideal tool for this purpose.
Password Manager Software
A password manager is a software application that stores and manages your passwords. This provides enhanced security for recollecting passwords for various online accounts instead of saving the passwords on your web browser. Check our top password managers for Windows 10.
Tips for preventing data mining
- Create a guest account for “guests” to use your device so as to keep your sensitive data safe.
- Avoid using public Internet connections such as Wi-Fi hotspots or public computers to enter your online account credentials.
- Beware of clicking download links you are not sure of when checking your emails.
- Keep your antivirus or security program constantly updated.
- Use secure devices for internet banking.
- Shun using the remember password option or auto-complete feature on your web browser.
- Ensure your browser is completely closed after you are done surfing the web.
- Update your Windows OS, web browsers, drivers, and other software applications regularly. You may consider using DriverFix as well.
Conclusively, we do hope that you find our list of best anti-data mining software useful in preventing data leaks and cyber espionage on your system.
Have you used any of the tools we mentioned above? Feel free to share your experience with us by commenting below.
This post was written by Ivan Jenic and was first posted to WindowsReport
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.