- Supports 4K and Ultra HD videos
- Special Cinema DSP 3D feature which ensures a top-notch audio experience
- Compatible with various streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, Pandora, or Tidal
- Miniature buttons in the remote control
If you really want a proper home cinema experience, you need a set of surround sound speakers and a great AV receiver such as Yamaha RX-V485 to drive them.
Its YPAO system can scan the audio of your room and easily adjust the sound output to suit the environment. Combining your receiver with the Yamaha music Cast 20 or music Cast 50 makes it so easy to have your own wireless theatre in the comfort of your home.
- Six HD ports included, so you can connect multiple TVs and computers
- A versatile mobile app that works on Android and Apple devices
- Offers pass-through for 4K video
- Doesn’t have some of the best pass-through capabilities on the current market
If you have a small room with limited space for speakers, this Marantz NR1509 Slim 5.2 Channel AV Receiver seems to be the right answer for you.
Built-in Bluetooth for easy audio streaming from compatible devices is present, but the receiver also allows you to connect devices via Wi-Fi.
- Cinematic sound
- A multifunctional system with stereo setup, Fm radio tuner, and 1/4 Inches Headphones Jack
- Comes with foldable headphones, carry case, charging cable, and audio cable
- Sound quality could be better
This Sony STRDH590 5.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater Receiver covers all the essentials for building a 5.1 theater setup, and if you generally enjoy Sony’s signature, it’s worthy of your interest.
With the cinematic sound, it comes along, you will enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows, and many more while having a theater-like sound, all from the comfort of your home.
When it comes to the best 5.1 Bluetooth AV receivers, you can buy budget models or high-quality, expensive ones.
Our search concludes with five options that we think are genuinely great buys, so use the above list as a starting point and consider your own needs. We hope this will help you make an informed and prompt choice.
FAQ: Learn more about 5.1 Bluetooth AV receivers
- Can Bluetooth transmit 5.1 audio?
Yes, it can be possible for Bluetooth to transmit 5.1 audio.
- What are the best 5.1 Bluetooth AV receivers?
There are many good options out there. You can check out our list of best 5.1 Bluetooth AV receivers, to make an informed decision.
- Can Bluetooth carry surround sound?
Unfortunately, no. Bluetooth can’t stream channels for wireless surround sound systems.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in November 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
This post was written by Radu Tyrsina and was first posted to WindowsReport