VLC Media player is one of the best media player app available for Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. The best thing about VLC is that it supports almost all video formats and provides a better video watching experience.
However, VLC is not the only one of its kind out there. In fact, there are plenty of really great and feature-rich media player app available out that there that can be used instead of VLC. So, in this article, we are going to share a list of the best VLC Media Player alternatives.
Best VLC Alternatives For Windows 10
It’s worth noting that there are hundreds of media player app available for Windows and mentioning all of them is not possible in a single article.
It is one of the best and top-rated media player software available for the Windows operating system. The great thing about Media Player Classic is that it supports a wide range of video file formats. Not just that, but Media Player Classic also offers users a few customization options to enhance the video watching experience as well.
- The media player is heavily popular among Windows users.
- Compared to other media players, VLC media player supports more formats.
- The media player can be used to convert & download videos.
- The user interface looks clean and simple.
Just like the VLC media player, PotPlayer also supports a wide range of video and audio file formats. However, the user interface of PotPlayer is superior to the VLC Media player. PotPlayer also offers users a few customization options, and it can deal with larger file types as well.
- The media player is known for its attractive user interface.
- It supports a wide range of media file formats.
- The tool also offers you a wide range of customization options.
Although GOM Media Player supports only popular file formats, the user interface is still unmatched by any other video player. What’s more interesting is that GOM Media Player also has a subtitle library that can search and download subtitles of playing video automatically.
- Gom Media Player is one of the lightweight media player app available on the web.
- It supports lots of popular video & audio file format.
- It has a subtitle library that searches and downloads subtitle automatically.
4. DivX Player
Although there are plenty of video player apps available for Windows, not all of them can play HEVC files. For those who don’t know, HEVC is a new file format that reduces the file size of high-resolution videos such as 4K and 8K. DivX Player can play HEVC files with ease. It also supports other major file formats.
- It’s one of the powerful media player app available for Windows.
- The media player is known for its good looking user interface.
- It supports almost every major video and audio file formats.
Well, if you are searching for an advanced media player app for your PC, then you need to give MPV a try. It supports a wide range of media file formats, audio, and video codecs. MPV media player is an open-source, and it’s cross-platform support. It’s also absolutely free to download and use.
- The media player tool is mainly known for its simple user interface.
- It supports most of the popular video & audio format.
- The media player also has subtitles and hardware acceleration support.
6. KM Player
KM Player is for those who have been searching for a good looking and highly customizable media player app. It is not as powerful as VLC, but it gets the basic things done. It supports a wide range of media file formats and offers great playback. The media player is completely free to download & use.
- This is one of the best media player app for Windows 10 to watch 3D movies.
- It supports a wide range of file formats including FLV, MKV, 3GP, OGG, etc.
- The media player is also capable to play 4K files.
Well, Parma Video player is available on the Microsoft store and it’s one of the best media players that you can use on Windows. The tool got the ability to find and list all video files stored on the device. It supports almost all major video and audio file formats.
- It’s a universal media player app for Windows to play video & music.
- It automatically scans and fins all moves stored on your computer.
- Parma Video player supports the majority of formats available.
- It also got the .srt Subtitle support.
Compared to the VLC media player, 5KPlayer is more advanced. Just like the VLC Media player, 5KPlayer also got the ability to stream video content from various video-sharing sites. If we talk about the file format compatibility, 5kPlayer is compatible with almost all major video & audio formats.
- The media player is mostly known for its awesome interface.
- 5K Player can play 4K files also.
- It supports almost all major video formats like FLV, MKV, AVI, etc.
- It can stream video content from video streaming sites.
9. SM Player
SMPLayer can virtually play all video and audio formats at ease. The great thing about SMPLayer is that it got built-in codecs. That means you don’t need to manually search and install codec packs to play any particular file format. Apart from that, it can also play videos from popular video-sharing platform YouTube.
- It’s a free media player with built-in codecs.
- Thank’s to its built-in codes, it can play virtually all video and audio formats.
- The Media Player can also play YouTube videos.
- It comes with several skins and icon themes.
ALLPlayer is one of the best multimedia player app that you can use on your computer. It not just support all video & audio file formats, it also got the ability to scan & download the subtitles. The media player app automatically downloads matching subtitles in all languages.
- It supports most of the popular file formats such as DivX, XviD, MP3, AVI, etc.
- All Player also got DVDs, Two Monitors, and TV Support.
- It also has support for Dolby Surround, SPDIF, and 3D Audio.
The great thing about UMPlayer is that it got the ability to stream video through YouTube, online TV, etc. Apart from that, UMPlayer packs almost everything that you need for proper video and audio playback.
- UMPlayer is one of the best and simple to use Media player app.
- The app packs in lots of advanced features like Radio Streams.
- It supports almost every media format.
- UMPlayer also got a YouTube Player & Recorder.
If you are searching for a free VLC alternative for Windows, then you need to give FreeSmith Video player a try. It doesn’t support every file format, but it does support the popular ones like AVI, MP4, MKV, etc. The media player is designed to run on low-end devices.
- The media player for Windows supports a wide range of media formats.
- It also got the ability to stream videos from video sharing websites.
- The user interface is clean and lightweight.
If you are searching for a simple to use VLC media player alternative for your Windows 10 computer, then you need to give DAPlayer a try. Guess what? DAPlayer right now supports mode than 400 different audio and video formats.
- The Media Player for Windows supports more than 400 different formats.
- DAPlayer also got streaming support.
- It can also play 1080p High-Definition videos.
The most notable thing about JetVideo is its user-interface that’s well organized and looks clean. Compared to other media players for Windows, JetVideo is lightweight. Apart from that, JetVideo also offers multiple themes for customization as well.
- It’s a full-fledged video player app for Windows 10.
- The Media Player for Windows is capable to play almost every major file format.
- The tool can also be used to convert the video files.
- It also offers Tag editing and subtitle feature.
15. ACG Player
If you are searching for a media player app for Windows that offers a gesture feature, then ACG Player might be the best pick for you. It’s a fully customizable VLC media player replacement for Windows that allows users to set up shortcut keys, stream online videos, etc.
- It’s one of the best and highly-customizable media player apps for Windows.
- ACG Player lets you set up shortcut keys, stream online videos, etc.
- It supports most of the popular video and audio file formats.
So, these are the best VLC Alternatives in 2020 that you can use right now. If you know any other such software, let us know in the comment box below.
This post was written by Amarnath Chakraborty and was first posted to TechViral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.