Android is right now the most popular operating system and it’s mostly because of the huge app ecosystem. On the Google Play Store, you will find apps for every different purpose including apps to check if everything is working properly on your smartphone.
In this article, we are going to talk about the best apps to test hardware on your Android. With these apps, you can easily test the performance of your smartphone, check the hardware information, etc. Most of the apps which we are going to list below are free and available on the Play Store.
Best Apps to Test Hardware on Android
So, let’s check out the best Android apps to test the hardware configuration of your Android smartphone.
1. Sensor Box
If you are searching for an Android app to check all available sensors on the phone, then you need to give Sensor Box a try. This app checks the performance of sensors like accelerometer, light, orientation, proximity, temperature, gyroscope, sound, magnetic sensor, etc. After the scan, the app provides an easy to understand report.
- Sensor Box is a great app to detect all available sensors.
- It also provides you a detailed report on each sensor.
- The sensor box also tells you about the sensors that are supported by your phone’s hardware.
2. Phone Doctor Plus
Well, this app is a little bit different compared to all others listed in the article. It performs 25 different tests to check the hardware capabilities of your phone. It checks for the sensors, battery, screen, mic, flash, camera, and memory of your device. However, the app takes a long time to complete the scan.
- The app offers 30 different types of hardware diagnostics.
- Phone Doctor Plus also helps you in system diagnostics.
- It offers some useful features like battery monitoring, system monitoring, etc.
Based on the extensive hardware knowledge of the AIDA64 for Windows application, AIDA64 for Android is capable of showing various diagnostic information for phones, tablets, smartwatches, and TVs including CPU detection, real-time core clock measurement, Screen dimensions, pixel density, and camera information, Battery level, and temperature monitoring, etc.
- The app shows you detailed information about the hardware of your phone.
- You can quickly get essential details like RAM memory, CPU cores, CPU temperature, etc.
- It also shows the WiFi and cellular network information.
Android version of the popular CPU identification tool for PC, CPU-Z is a free application that reports information about your device: SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core – System information: device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage – Battery information: level, status, temperature, capacity, Sensors.
- It’s one of the popular CPU identification apps for Android.
- The app is entirely free to use.
- It tells you about the SoC name, architecture, clock speed, etc.
- CPU-Z also shows system information like device model, screen resolution, RAM, and storage.
5. Droid Hardware Info
If you are searching for a lightweight Android app to check the hardware specification of your smartphone, then you need to give Droid Hardware info a try. It provides you detailed information about your smartphone including the device type, system, memory, camera, battery, and sensor details.
- It’s a free hardware information app for Android.
- With this app, you can get detailed information about your device.
- It shows the CPU architecture, Board, number of cores, etc.
- It also tells you about the available RAM and storage information.
6. GFXBench GL Benchmark
It is a free, cross-platform, and cross-API 3D graphics benchmark that measures graphics performance, long-term performance stability, render quality, and power consumption with a single, easy-to-use application. GFXBench 4.0 enables measuring mobile and desktop performance with advanced graphics effects and increased workloads.
- It’s a graphic benchmark app for Android.
- With this app, you can compare your phone’s graphic performance with other devices.
- It performs multiple tests to estimate your phone’s GPU performance.
- It also got the ability to test your phone’s battery performance.
7. Hardware Info
This is another lightweight application that provides information about the hardware capabilities of your Android device. The data is presented in a simple and easy to read fashion which includes: System, Display, Processor, RAM, memory, etc.
- The app provides a detailed overview of your phone’s hardware capabilities.
- Hardware Info provides easy to read reports on system, display, processor, memory, cameras, graphics, etc.
- The app is completely free to download & use.
8. CPU X: System & Hardware info
This app shows information about a device like a processor, cores, speed, model, ram, camera, sensors, etc. and you can monitor internet speed (in notifications & status bar), data usage (daily & monthly). You can even see current download & upload speed in notifications and combined speed in the status bar.
- CPU X shows detailed information about your device like processor, clock speed, RAM, sensors, etc.
- The app also shows you the specs sheet of other Android devices.
- It also offers an internet speed meter that shows the download & upload speed in the status bar.
- The app is completely free to use & download.
9. My Device
It is a powerful yet simple app that lets you know all the essential details about your phone. Whether it be information regarding your System on Chip (SoC), the memory of your device, or tech specs about your battery, or all the relevant information about your device sensors.
- Compared to other apps, My Device shows more detailed hardware & software information of a device.
- It shows device, operating system, CPU, Battery, Network, Storage, Camera & Sensor information.
- My Device also checks all device features like WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, Microphone, Speaker, etc.
10. Test Your Android
If you are looking for an Android app that features a Material Design UI, then you should go to Test Your Android app. With this app, you can test your device features and can get all Android system information in one app.
- Test Your Android is optimized for Android tablets and Android Wear.
- The Android app tests more than 30 hardware items & sensors.
- It provides real-time information on CPU, Network Usage & Memory.
- The app also tests for dead pixels on your phone’s screen.
Monitor your hardware in real-time and get complete information about your device model, CPU, GPU, memory, battery, camera, disk, network, and operating system. DevCheck gives you all the information you need about your hardware and operating system in a clear, accurate, and organized way.
- Compared to other apps, DevCheck provides more detailed CPU information.
- It also shows you the specifications for Bluetooth, GPU, RAM, storage, and other hardware.
- DevCheck also helps you to monitor the CPU/GPU frequencies, temperatures, battery stats, deep sleep, and uptime.
12. Full system info
This app is something extraordinary. Full system info Android app not only gives you basic information regarding your Android but, it also tells you if your Android device is rooted or not. With this app, you can also see real-time interesting parameters of your system.
- Full system info provides both hardware and software information.
- You can easily gather CPU, GPU, Software, Sensor information with this app.
- With Full system info, you can also check whether the device is rooted or not.
13. Phone Info
This is another free app that you can install to get reports regarding your Android operating system. Phone info tells about your processor, screen resolution, RAM, Storage, and more. You can also get battery information like status, temperature, and capacity.
- It’s one of the best and simple to use app to get information about your device.
- The app is completely free to download & use
- With this app, you can get System information, SoC information, Battery and Sensor information.
With the help of TestM, you can get an accurate objective report that can be used to sell, buy, or repair your phone. The app houses almost everything for the testing purpose including Speakers, touch screen, sensors, connectivity, motion, camera, and more.
- It’s a full hardware diagnostic app for Android.
- With TestM hardware, you can check your phone’s info & specs.
- It allows you to perform 20+ different tests to check each aspect of your device.
The app benchmarks the GPU and CPU performance of your device. At the end of the test, you get a score, which you can use to compare models. But 3DMark also gives you so much more. The app has its own unique charts, lists, and rankings.
- 3DMark is an app to test the GPU & CPU capabilities.
- You can use this app to compare your device’s performance with other popular models.
- It’s a free app. There are no ads or in-app purchases.
So, these are some of the best apps to test hardware on Android. If you know any other such apps, let us know in the comment box below. I hope this article helped you! Share it with your friends also.
This post was written by Karanpreet Singh and was first posted to TechViral
Do you find this article helpful? Your Friend might too. So, please Share it with them using the Share button above.
Will you like to get notified when I post new updates? Then Follow me on any of my social media handles: Google News, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest.
You can also drop your email address below if you wish to be notified by mail.